James Patterson is a literacy advocate and bestselling author who has sold more than 375 million books worldwide in his career. Patterson in 2013 established the James Patterson Teacher Education Scholarships to support 16 UF College of Education students pursuing careers as elementary or secondary school teachers.
Paige Fitzpatrick will earn her master’s degree in education from the UF College of Education this weekend.
More News from UF
Steven Grant, a 28-year veteran of Walt Disney Imagineering, is joining the University of Florida College of Design, Construction and Planning as director of the college’s new graduate program in themed environments integration.
As the University of Florida rises in stature in a variety of educational fields, Forbes has recognized the university as one of “America’s Best Employers” in its annual ranking of large and midsized organizations. UF came in sixth among public universities and 17th among all universities that made the list.
Newly published maps reveal, for the first time, where anthrax poses global risks to people, livestock and wildlife.
UF officials are closely monitoring weather conditions for Saturday’s university-wide commencement ceremony and Sunday’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) recognition ceremony.
The Goldwater Foundation has announced that University of Florida students Hannah Lyons and William Owens have been selected for a Goldwater Scholarship. Lyons and Owens are among 496 students awarded Goldwater Scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year.
UF in the News
- 1 million species under threat of extinction because of humans, biodiversity report finds NBC News
- Central Florida Explorer: Visiting the world's largest occupied bat houses in Gainesville Orlando Sentinel
- Why Slack’s upcoming ‘direct listing’ may work for investors Fortune
- Beyond Meat had ‘the best IPO so far in 2019’—here’s what to know if you’re thinking of investing CNBC
- Beyond Meat’s share price surges on first day of trading The New York Times
- Florida's 'shark bite capital of the world’ sees first attack of 2019, officials say Fox News
- The most aggravating smartphone sins at the gym The Wall Street Journal
- Kamala Harris needs to unlock the power of African American women voters Vox
- Florida midterm voting surged among young people and Hispanics, but less among black voters Sun Sentinel
- Dog blood donors: Need increases as vet care advances Orlando Sentinel
- Florida’s Hispanic vote nearly doubled in 2018. What will it do next year? Tampa Bay Times
- If social media companies don’t regulate themselves, there will be government overreach: Expert CNBC
- 'Lost' book of exquisite scientific drawings rediscovered after 190 years National Geographic
- Dems hope Florida Puerto Ricans’ dislike of Trump translates to actual votes next time Huffington Post
- Pinterest and Zoom IPOs: 5 signs investors should watch Fortune