James Patterson is a literacy advocate and bestselling author who has sold more than 375 million books worldwide in his career. Patterson in 2013 established the James Patterson Teacher Education Scholarships to support 16 UF College of Education students pursuing careers as elementary or secondary school teachers.
More News from UF
Steven Grant, a 28-year veteran of Walt Disney Imagineering, is joining the University of Florida College of Design, Construction and Planning as director of the college’s new graduate program in themed environments integration.
As the University of Florida rises in stature in a variety of educational fields, Forbes has recognized the university as one of “America’s Best Employers” in its annual ranking of large and midsized organizations. UF came in sixth among public universities and 17th among all universities that made the list.
Newly published maps reveal, for the first time, where anthrax poses global risks to people, livestock and wildlife.
UF officials are closely monitoring weather conditions for Saturday’s university-wide commencement ceremony and Sunday’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) recognition ceremony.
The Goldwater Foundation has announced that University of Florida students Hannah Lyons and William Owens have been selected for a Goldwater Scholarship. Lyons and Owens are among 496 students awarded Goldwater Scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year.
UF in the News
- China is powering ahead of the US in the race for mega start-ups CNBC
- Uber blame game focuses on Morgan Stanley after shares drop Bloomberg Business
- Southern flagship universities see biggest bump in enrollment Bloomberg
- Uber is one of the worst performing IPOs ever Fortune
- Federal judge orders bilingual ballots for Florida counties, including Lake and Brevard Orlando Sentinel
- How to keep produce fresh as long as possible Popular Science
- The technology 202: This is why Uber's global expansion poses risks as it goes public The Washington Post
- Lyft’s first results after I.P.O. show $1.14 billion quarterly loss The New York Times
- 1 million species under threat of extinction because of humans, biodiversity report finds NBC News
- Dreaded lovebugs are back, swarming cars. What you should know about the invasive species USA Today
- Central Florida Explorer: Visiting the world's largest occupied bat houses in Gainesville Orlando Sentinel
- Why Slack’s upcoming ‘direct listing’ may work for investors Fortune
- 25 years ago, Florida compensated survivors of Rosewood racial violence Orlando Sentinel
- You will never smell my world the way I do The New York Times
- Beyond Meat had ‘the best IPO so far in 2019’—here’s what to know if you’re thinking of investing CNBC