As the Fall semester begins Tuesday, more than 50,000 University of Florida students are starting classes at a university energized by new faculty, new facilities and new academic offerings.
The chairman of the University of Florida’s Department of Journalism and 2016-17 UF Teacher of the Year spoke to bachelor's, master's and specialist graduates Saturday.
The chairman of UF’s Department of Journalism and 2016-17 UF Teacher of the Year spoke to doctoral graduates in a ceremony Friday.
A collaboration between cat welfare advocates, veterinary scientists and wildlife biologists suggests that when sterilization efforts reach 75% of the colony, overall numbers will decrease over time, while preventable cat deaths can be reduced more than 30-fold.
More News from UF
As the U.S. entered its longest economic expansion in its history, consumer sentiment among Floridians increased in July 3.7 points to 100.2 from June’s revised figure of 96.5.
After a sharp decline last month, consumer sentiment among Floridians increased 1.2 points in June to 97.2 from May’s revised figure of 96.0.
UF in the News
- Hemp is hot, and Florida farmers hope to cash in on multibillion-dollar crop Sun Sentinel
- Whistleblowers' rights could be at risk under Trump's new labor board CNN Business
- Some compelling reasons not to give up on solving climate change Vice
- In milestone trial, experimental drug delays type 1 diabetes Science Magazine
- Closest-known ancestor of today’s Native Americans found in Siberia Science Magazine
- Floridians' economic confidence dips amid talk of tariffs Tampa Bay Times
- Parkland officer who stayed outside during shooting faces criminal charges The New York Times
- Michael Drejka's stand-your-ground defense will go to a jury, not a judge The Tampa Bay Times
- What is rat lungworm disease? Five people in Hawaii recently found out. The Washington Post
- A look at the economics and politics of the Florida delegation’s trip to Israel Miami Herald
- Florida beer used butterflies in the brewing process Tampa Bay Times
- Time to repeal the rule that aided Uber’s IPO flop Bloomberg Opinion
- Silicon Valley says Wall Street doesn’t get its long-term focus, but that theory doesn’t hold up CNBC
- Game of Thrones fans are angry about the final season – and the franchise could suffer for it CNBC
- China is powering ahead of the US in the race for mega start-ups CNBC