Nearly 3,000 students will complete their UF degrees and celebrate commencement in virtual ceremonies around the country and globe on Friday and Saturday.
University of Florida faculty earned a record $900.7 million in research funding in fiscal year 2020, despite many activities being paused for more than two months by the pandemic.
GAINESVILLE, Florida -- A Bank of America executive with 30 years of experience at some of the nation’s most vaunted financial institutions has been named the University of Florida’s senior vice president and chief financial officer.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — University of Florida Health Shands Hospital emerged as Florida’s top health center and one of the nation’s elite today in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2020-21 Best Hospitals survey, with a remarkable nine medical specialties placing in the nation’s Top 50 — more than any other hospital in the Sunshine State.
More News from UF
As their inboxes filled up with replies to an accidental mass email, University of Florida students Elizabeth Gerace and Jessica Bailes got an idea: Turn the situation into a song.
After a marginal gain in May, consumer sentiment among Floridians soared 6.1 points in June to 82.7 from May’s revised figure of 76.6. Similarly, national consumer sentiment increased 5.8 points.
After two months of unprecedented declines, consumer confidence among Floridians inched up one-tenth of a point in May to 76.4 from April’s revised figure of 76.3. Similarly, consumer sentiment at the national level increased slightly.
UF in the News
- The pandemic experts are not okay The Atlantic
- Native snakes have another enemy, and it’s spreading The Orlando Sentinel
- Florida enters critical period in coronavirus fight The Orlando Sentinel
- Racist social media posts from students are forcing colleges to respond Teen Vogue
- Can Trump's anti-mail-voting crusade hurt him in key states? NBC News
- Colleges rescinding admissions offers as racist social media posts emerge The New York Times
- America’s told-you-so moment: How we botched the reopening Politico
- The voting disaster ahead The Atlantic
- Sunbelt states head into the height of the summer season amid a startling surge in confirmed cases of the coronavirus The Associated Press
- Trump's Twitch channel suspended while Reddit bans pro-Trump online group USA Today
- Florida’s covid cases up fivefold in 2 weeks: ‘The numbers are scary’ The New York Times
- Finding the Lost Einsteins: How to Make Academic Inventing More Inclusive Forbes
- U.S. hospitals in hard hit regions step up use of steroids on sickest COVID-19 patients Reuters
- Shark attacks have dropped worldwide. The reason? It's likely due to the coronavirus. USA Today
- Arizona and Florida report record-high single-day increases in coronavirus cases CNBC