University of Florida online degree programs saw new gains in the 2020 U.S. News & World report rankings released today, with two of the four UF programs that were ranked climbing yet again and two others coming in among the best in the country.
How do you bandage a manatee or sedate a 50-ton whale? Throughout his career, University of Florida professor Mike Walsh and his colleagues have invented countless ways to heal stranded, sick, orphaned or injured aquatic creatures.
The University of Florida's bowl matchup with the University of Virginia Dec. 30 is a clash of academic powerhouses: The Capital One Orange Bowl is the only New Year's Six game to pair two schools ranked as Top 10 public universities for academics.
More News from UF
As Florida’s unemployment rate reached a historic low, consumer sentiment among Floridians increased in December by seven-tenths of a point to 100.1 from November’s revised figure of 99.4. Similarly, consumer sentiment at the national level increased in December.
Consumer sentiment among Floridians increased in November 3.2 points to 99.3 from October’s revised figure of 96.1.
UF in the News
- Good news for beachgoers: Shark attacks decreased in the US and worldwide for second year USA Today
- New research casts doubt on theory that volcanoes caused dinosaur extinction Gizmodo
- Why ‘Star Wars’ keeps bombing in China The New York Times
- Invasive chanchita fish mistaken for black acara in Florida for two decades Fox News
- Money-losing companies mushroom even as stocks hit new highs The Wall Street Journal
- Voting machine makers face tough questions from congress Mother Jones
- This is the real reason colleges are going vegan Forbes
- New research suggests Columbus' tales of raiders and cannibals may have been true after all Newsweek
- What to do when pests become homewreckers The Washington Post
- A decade of change in college admission Forbes
- Our fear facer makes a new friend The New York Times
- Exotic new vanilla crop could put Florida on world spice map Miami Herald
- New research identifies possible mass graves from 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre NPR
- How a closed-door meeting shows farmers are waking up on climate change Politico
- Bats play key pollinating role for durians The New York Times