With stories spreading about COVID-19 patients losing the ability to smell and taste, we asked Steven Munger, director of the University of Florida Center for Smell and Taste, what science can actually tell us about the potential link — and what to do if it happens to you.
The number of American travelers who said domestic air travel should be avoided increased from 32% to 43% in three weeks, according to a new survey.
More News from UF
Consumer sentiment in Florida reached its highest level in almost 20 years, increasing 3.1 points in February to 102.6 from a revised figure of 99.5 in January. These levels of confidence have not been observed since November 2000 when consumer sentiment reached 104.2 points.
The University of Florida's new education program provides students the opportunity to take innovative courses that from the best UF faculty in their very first year.
Consumer sentiment among Floridians remained unchanged in January from December’s revised figure of 99.4, but confidence is up 1.3 points compared with a year ago. January is the third consecutive month with no movements in the overall index.
UF in the News
- Floridians’ economic confidence hit a 20-year high. Then coronavirus hit. The Tampa Bay Times
- In Florida, strawberries are still a work in progress Food and Wine
- `Sustainable gardening’ includes many eco-friendly practices The Washington Post
- Under drone radar, Fort De Soto Park becomes living lab for sea level rise The Tampa Bay Times
- How artists are using artificial intelligence to confront modern anxieties Time
- How to prepare for coronavirus in your area, according to doctors Good Housekeeping
- How NASA is using synthetic DNA in its search for alien life CNBC
- Florida law limiting first opioid prescription linked to drop in use Reuters
- DoorDash files to go public in latest IPO test for unprofitable startups Reuters
- Medical experts decline to endorse cognitive screening for older adults The Los Angeles Times
- Apparently, zapping your muscles with electricity can make them stronger Elemental
- The strange case of Little Miss Lake Panasoffkee, an enduring mystery after 49 years The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Florida can’t stop felons from voting over unpaid fines, court rules Huffington Post
- Ahead of 2020 election, a 'Blue Wave' is rising in the cities, polling analysis shows Reuters
- Could higher turnout actually help Trump? Politico