ACCENT Speakers Bureau hosted comedian and political commentator Hasan Minhaj on Thursday night in the Curtis M. Phillips Center with a sold-out crowd of about 1,700 people.
More News from UF
The Center for the Humanities and the Public Sphere at UF recently held a celebration in honor of its ten-year anniversary featuring special guests President Fuchs, Executive Director of the Florida Humanities Council, and Chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Jon Parrish Peede.
University of Florida’s Office of Sustainability and the Healthy Gators Coalition recognized nine individuals and groups during the annual Champions for Change awards ceremony last week as part of the annual Campus Earth Week series of events.
Instagram users prefer sponsored ads that mimic posts from their friends over traditional advertising, although this type of advertising may seem sneaky or deceptive, new research shows.
UF researchers behind Florida Insect Control Group, a pest control device company, originally intended to protect deployed military personnel from insect-borne diseases, shared their #Research2Startup story at an APLU event in Washington, D.C.
Consumer sentiment among Floridians increased slightly two-tenths of a point in March to 100.8 from February’s revised figure of 100.6. Similarly, consumer sentiment at the national level increased in March.
Antonio Farias launched a podcast entitled “Level Up on Presence and Belonging” to give a voice to UF’s diverse students, faculty and staff to the community, and to spark conversations about the different experiences they’ve had.
UF in the News
- Mating season means more aggressive alligators will be spotted across Florida Tampa Bay Times
- Think you'll make millions on Lyft's IPO? Sorry, but 'It’s Probably Overpriced' USA Today
- The 2019 IPO frenzy Is different from 1999. Really. The Wall Street Journal
- California farmers and scientists race to combat a citrus disease infecting trees Los Angeles Times
- IPOs can’t make things much worse in Bay Area than they already are San Francisco Chronicle
- Tech IPOs aren’t the milestones they once were Bloomberg
- Lyft prices I.P.O. at $72 a share The New York Times
- The tiny poisonous toads taking over Florida yards The Atlantic
- Magical thinking about unicorn IPOs The Wall Street Journal
- Young Parkland voters’ ballots were rejected at much higher rate than state average in November, research finds The Washington Post
- Here are 10 items or less about stores trying to get rid of checkout lines Chicago Tribune
- Lyft outlines all the reasons ridesharing could fail, in its IPO documents The Washington Post
- Best credit card for restaurants WalletHub
- Police arrest man projecting ‘discrimination is wrong’ onto outside of Rayburn House Office Building The Washington Post
- Journey to Antarctica: What scientists think of Trump’s latest climate tweet Rolling Stone