The expansion provides even more space to display non-perishable food items and fresh produce from the Field & Fork Farm and Gardens, a dedicated area for storage and processing of donations, and a teaching and demonstration area.
Students, faculty and alumni celebrated the opening of UF’s new Institute of Black Culture (IBC) and the Institute of Hispanic-Latino Cultures (La Casita) facilities with speeches and ribbon-cutting ceremonies.
The UF community is mourning the passing and celebrating the life of W. George Allen, the first African American graduate of the University of Florida. Allen died Nov. 7 at age 83.
More News from UF
UF in the News
- States brace for massive voter turnout in 2020 The Hill
- Physicists just created the most detailed simulation of the universe in history Live Science
- What’s the harm in posting about our kids on social media? Motherly
- Huge black holes may have cannibalistic baby black holes orbiting around them Astronomy
- Earth's odd rotation may solve ancient climate mystery National Geographic
- Venice's devastating floods are the 'canary in a coal mine' for coastal cities worldwide NBC News
- How the ancient land blob Gondwana because today's continents HowStuffWorks
- Heart disease in women: Age of first period can impact heart attack risk The Today Show
- How Walter Mercado inspired a generation of young people to be true to their beliefs and identity NPR's Latino USA
- Found: A prehistoric bead-making factory town off the Florida coast Atlas Obscura
- Seven student-made CubeSats set to fly aboard rocket NASA
- A trial for kids at risk of Type 1 diabetes was scaled back, leaving families in limbo NPR
- IPOs are a racket. But try finding something better The Economist
- How the butterfly discovered daylight The New York Times
- The Amazon hasn't stopped burning. There were 19,925 fire outbreaks last month, and 'more fires' are in the future USA Today