UF campus services and events updates
This page, which will be updated regularly, contains a list of campus operations that have been impacted by Hurricane Ian.
- The Florida-Eastern Washington football game, originally scheduled for this Saturday, has been rescheduled for Sunday, Oct. 2 at noon. Read more.
- Campus tours are canceled Wednesday, Sept. 28 through Friday, Sept. 30.
- Fall Family Weekend events are canceled. Email IHaveAGator@ufl.edu for information on refunds and other questions, and visit this website for more information.
- RecSports facilities will be closed Sept. 28-30. The Southwest Recreation Center, which served as a shelter Wednesday night into Thursday, has closed.
- The Sept. 28 Career Showcase events are postponed. This includes Technical Day, Material Science & Nuclear Engineering Fair and the Agricultural and Biological Engineering Fair. All additional recruiting events and career development programs planned for Wednesday-Friday may be rescheduled based on the employers’ discretion. Read more on the Career Showcase changes.
- Dining Halls will be open for service throughout the storm. Even if the campus loses power, the university plans to keep the dining halls open. See list of locations and hours here.
The Gainesville Regional Transit System (RTS) will provide reduced service on Sept. 30, regular service on Oct. 1 and regular service with game day detours on Oct. 2. Additional information is available on the GNVrideRTS app (rideRTS.app), on the RTS Facebook page or the RTS website.
- The Reitz Union is closed and plans to reopen Oct. 1 at 9 a.m.
Library West will reopen at 1 p.m. on Sept. 30 and close at 10 p.m.