Search committee announced for new UF provost
University of Florida President Ben Sasse has appointed a committee to conduct a national search for the university’s next provost.
The search committee is co-chaired by Dr. Saby Mitra, Dean and Professor, Warrington College of Business, and Dr. Duane Mitchell, Professor, Department of Neurosurgery.
Other members of the committee include:
- Dr. Scott Angle, Senior Vice President for Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Dr. Glenn Good, Dean and Professor, College of Education
- Dr. Douglas Jones, Director and Professor, Florida Museum of Natural History
- Ms. Lauren Lemasters, Student Body President
- Ms. Maria Gutierrez Martin, Interim Vice President for UF Advancement
- Dr. Forrest Masters, Interim Dean, Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
- Dr. David Nelson, Senior Vice President for Health Affairs and President of UF Health
- Dr. David Norton, Vice President for Research
- Dr. Mary Parker, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Associate Provost
- Dr. Amanda Phalin, Faculty Senate Chair and Senior Lecturer, Warrington College of Business
- Dr. Jane Southworth, Professor and Chair, Department of Geography
- Ms. Ana Claudia Spiguel, Senior Counsel
- Ms. Lynda Tealer, Executive Associate Athletics Director
- Dr. Katie Vogel Anderson, Clinical Associate Professor, College of Pharmacy
Additionally, Rahul Patel, chair of the university’s Academic, Faculty and Student Success Committee, will serve as the liaison to the Board of Trustees.
The search committee is assisted by the executive search firm Isaacson, Miller.
“I am incredibly grateful for this committee’s passion for UF and commitment to excellence,” Sasse said. “I am especially grateful for the leadership of our co-chairs, Dr. Mitra and Dr. Mitchell. This will not be a passive search where we sit back and review applications — with this committee’s work and with the help of Isaacson, Miller’s world-class search firm, we are going to recruit the best talent. I want the whole UF community to send their recommendations, nominations, and comments to the committee. This is important work.”
Nominations, applications and comments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.