Media Advisory: NSF/UF Engineering showcase for K-5 educators | Sept. 20, 2017
STEM is Elementary: NSF/UF Engineering Showcase for K-5 Educators
Faculty from the University of Florida will host a National Science Foundation-sponsored showcase for K-5 educators in Alachua County at the Cade Museum for Creativity and Invention on September 20, 2017 from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
More than 80 teachers and administers are confirmed to attend the showcase, which aims to bring together K-5 teachers, engineering faculty, engineering students, and industry professionals to cultivate the next generation of STEM professionals. Several faculty in the UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering and UF College of Education are collaborators this NSF initiative.
Activities include a poster session from UF engineering graduate students, a STEM curriculum mixer and updates from several key STEM leaders in the county including:
- Chelsey Simmons UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, Assistant
Professor and Principal Investigator of MRET Program
- Kevin Berry School Board of Alachua County, Elementary Curriculum Supervisor
- Stephanie Bailes Cade Museum for Creativity and Invention, Executive Director
- Curtis Taylor UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, Associate Dean
- Julie Bokor UF Center for Pre-collegiate Education and Training (CPET)
The STEM is Elementary showcase will take place at the Cade Museum located at 904 S Main St. Gainesville, Florida, FL 32601.
To inquire about interview or media opportunities, please contact:
Helen Goh, Director of Marketing & Communications Jen Li, Marketing Coordinator
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
Phone: (352) 392-0984 Phone: (352) 392-7956