‘Gator Aider’ shuttles to provide game-day transportation
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The Regional Transit System (RTS) is offering game-day shuttles tomorrow for the University of Florida football game. Park-N-Ride locations include Hilton University of Florida Conference Center, Oaks Mall, The Village Center in Haile Plantation, Tioga Town Center and the Southwest Downtown Parking Garage.
Single-game tickets may be purchased at Park-N-Ride locations on game days for $8 per game. Pre-purchase of Gator Aider season passes is available at the Rosa Parks Downtown Station and on game day for $40, offering a savings of $16.
Gator Aider service begins three hours before each UF home game, allowing riders of the early shuttles to arrive on campus in time for Gator Walk. The last bus to the stadium departs 10 minutes before game time. Returning Gator Aider buses will run from the beginning of the fourth quarter through the first hour after the game ends.
• The Hilton UF Conference Center at the corner of SW 34th Street and Hull Road will sell Gator Aider tickets and load buses at the UF Park-N-Ride canopy on Hull Road west of the conference center.
• The Downtown Gator Aider Park-N-Ride site is located at the SW Downtown Parking Garage. A $5 parking fee is applicable. Cars should enter the parking garage from SW 3rd Street off of University Avenue. Buses will load at the corner of SW 1st Avenue and SW 2nd Street.
• The Oaks Mall Gator Aider site is located in the south parking lot behind Macy’s off Newberry Road and SW 62nd Boulevard. This shuttle location also will be available for Gator Growl.
• Haile Plantation Gator Aider Park-N-Ride will sell tickets and load buses in The Village Center on SW 91st Terrace.
• The Gator Aider Park-N-Ride at Tioga Town Center is located at the western side of the Town Center parking lot, on SW 128th St. off of W. Newberry Road in Jonesville.
“Later Gator” service will begin one hour after evening home football games.
For more information, visit the RTS Web site, www.go-rts.com, or call 352-334-2600.